Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Re: My Last Post

Stayed up until about 4:30 AM finishing Prisoner of Azkaban; while the relative pros and cons as to the intelligence of this plan are sorely debatable, I wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway and found a little of the magic coming back as I read.

I'm not sure why that is, exactly. I mean, I have my theories:

  • It was very late at night; everything starts to get better when you're tired.
  • PoA was my favorite book of the series for a very long time.
  • The emergence of teenaged themes caught my interest (in other words, it's only the first two that I've simply outgrown; I think this very probable).
  • Remus Lupin.
  • Punctum!
    Christmas spirit was definitely thin on the ground in the Gryffindor common room that morning. Hermione had shut Crookshanks in her dormitory, but was furious with Ron for trying to kick him; Ron was still fuming about Crookshanks's fresh attempt to eat Scabbers. Harry gave up trying to make them talk to each other and devoted himself to examining the Firebolt, which he had brought down to the common room with him. For some reason this seemed to annoy Hermione as well; she didn't say anything, but she kept looking darkly at the broom as though it too had been criticizing her cat.

So I don't know. I'm not prepared to redact anything I said the other day yet (especially not the HBP stuff) but... well, I'll keep you posted, shall I?

No comments:

Post a Comment